Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Why not get rid of the poor and weak?

I know it sounds harsh at first, but aren't you just reacting emotionally from a primitive man made standard of right and wrong that you have been taught to believe? Seriously, other animals from the microscopic level up to the largest on earth have natural predators to eliminate the weak and unproductive.

We have become so protected by advancements in technology and science that we need to consider helping natural selection out a bit, it would still be natural selection, because we are doing it and we are only parts of nature after all. By having us better producing members of the species weed out some of the less fruitful ones, we could make much better use of resources that are becoming more limited all the time.

I know those Christians will say that God has said in the Bible that He made man in His image and we need to respect and care for all human life (even the unborn if you can imagine that), but we don't believe in their God, so we must do as we think is best. I know you might say - well even an atheist should be concerned for the greater good and my suggestion mat not be what is best for the whole human race.

Who cares!

I am not obligated by evolution to do what is best for the whole human race - only what is best for me, and only I decide what that is. If my plan is bad for everyone but me, that is just too bad for you, unless you are strong enough to stop me.

Aren't you glad we aren't obligated to care for the poor and weak like those Christians? I know they don't always do it, but their Bible does teach it and unless God has spoken and told us about moral obligations to care for others then we have no reason to think we must.

Doesn't it make you feel safe, if you are very strong, at least for now?

No comments:

Post a Comment