Total Pageviews

Monday, July 25, 2011

Oh the shame I feel!

I really let myself down today. I don't know what got into me, it was a moment of weakness, I just forgot my beliefs, lost sight of reality for a moment - maybe some leftover parental/society programed "conscience" made me do it, but I did it none the less and I feel like such a loser.

Yes, you guessed it, I did something sacrificial, I helped someone in need!

It makes no sense, I could almost wish I had someone to forgive such a "sin" against my atheistic and evolutionary beliefs! 

Although I definitely/rightly want what is best for me even at the expense of others most of the time...

it is sometimes like the selfish acts I know I should do I feel guilty for doing and at the same time the generous acts that make no sense in my worldview I sometimes feel good about doing!

I could almost curse the random action of time and chance on matter that saddled us with feelings that sometimes contradict our evolutionary obligation to selfish actions!!!

I know there are atheists that are generous/sacrificial and feel good about it, but let's face it y'all are traitors and are living like Christians, they are the only ones who can make a claim for the rightness of and even necessity to help the less fortunate. If God has not spoken and told us what we are expected to do, what right and wrong are, then we are obligated to assume "might makes right" as atheism and evolution demand.

I know what you may be thinking - it looks like the only way to have a society that is built on kindness, generosity, fairness, justice, etc, is by accepting the Christian's worldview.

You are right, but the freedom to do whatever you want and freedom from any guilt - comes at a cost!

No comments:

Post a Comment